Job Interview Tips
- Do your homework first. Make sure you understand the job description and what the employer is looking for
- Understand how your skills and experience fit the job description
- Prepare ideas on how you will contribute to the employer’s organisation
- Be honest about what training you may need and be enthusiastic to receive any that’s provided
- Visit the employer’s website before your interview as it may provide some useful information that you can refer to in your interview
- Find out what you can about the company’s products
- Find out the name and position of the interviewer
- Find out the format of the interview – is it with one person, a panel of people, does it involve any assessment exercises
- Plan some questions to ask, e.g. Development opportunities, department structure. This is your chance to find out more about the job and employer too
- Make sure you take any qualification certificates or documents that are asked for
- Plan your journey carefully, make sure you know how to get to the interview and how long it will take and allow for delays
- Arrive in good time – 15-10 minutes early is advisable to give yourself some time to compose yourself
- First impressions count, so make sure you wear appropriate clothes and shoes and your appearance is smart and well-presented
- Be confident and offer a strong handshake when you meet the interviewer/s
- Take the interviewer’s lead on when to sit down
- Be positive about your past work experience. Talk about what you’ve learned, rather than what was difficult
- At the end of the interview ask if there are any areas that they would like clarification or further detail on
- Make sure you know what happens next before you leave, when you can expect to hear from them, will there be second interviews
- Thank them for their time and interest and assure them of your own
- Put your coat or bag on the desk
- Chew gum during your interview
- Interrupt the interviewer while he or she is talking
- Ask about salary and benefits at the first interview, unless prompted
- Talk negatively or criticise previous roles and employers
Reach Truck Drivers required, this work will involve loading & unloading vehicles, order picking and any other warehouse related tasks as required...
Red Recruitment 24/7 Limited are proud to announce we will be working in partnership with TSC Foods in Scunthorpe. We have vacancies for, Food Factory...
Our client is looking to recruit experienced Order Pickers. You will be working in a chilled environment picking food products. Candidates must have e...
call Jason or Gemma today on 01724 277966
call us today on 01724 277966
A client had been searching for a new employee which involved lots of data checking, creating spreadsheets, etc and they were struggling to find the r...
By now you should all have received your year planners and desk top diary’s. And some of you will have planned out your busy periods and special pro...
A good friend and client only last week made a very costly mistake, she is allowing me to share the story because she believes we have all done this a...